Monday, May 18, 2020

virtual learning 5/18/2020


Just a reminder, the "must do's" that are posted each day should be done by everyone. I haven't seen work for some of you. I can check minutes on Redbird, Dreambox, and Lexia. I also check the reading log each day. Today's assignment involves you finishing and editing your adventure story. Some of you have not shared your story to me (done or not), or possibly even started one. This writing assignment is also a "must do". Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you be more successful with virtual learning.



Monday, May 18th, 2020


** I have updated the zoom meeting links for ALL meetings. Zoom now REQUIRES me to set passwords, for safety.  The password for all meetings is Etude. **

Book Club meeting, Group 1 at 10:30-
May overview of learning: link

Subject
Must-Do
May Do
Math
Redbird LESSONS 45 minutes


Literacy 
Read 30 minutes, record on reading log.
(click on the 3rd tab labeled May 18th-May 22nd)  at the bottom of the page)

System 44, or Lexia for Ms. K.’s and Mrs. L.’s kids

Group 1 book club meeting at 10:30

Writing-

For those of you who have not finished your adventure story and shared it with me, you need to do so (even if it’s not finished yet!) 
I do not have everyone’s story shared with me. Remember, this is a MUST DO. 

* Conclusion to your story needs to be finished today. This includes writing it in your graphic organizer, then typing it. 
*Adult feedback filled in for your finished story, in your graphic organizer. 
*Edit your typed copy*:

  • Check out this video, and fix the dialogue in your story (when people are talking). I noticed many of us have characters talking, but it isn’t properly formatted in your story. As in, the punctuation, spacing, and new paragraphs aren’t being used. 
  • Make sure you tie up any loose ends in your story. If you introduced a problem, the conclusion should be where it is solved. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a “happy” ending.  Maybe the problem isn’t solved in a way that the main character expected/wanted/thought. 

DOL Week 30

GLS-VERSE



Other
5th grade: Work on your COL slideshow

Edutyping

No comments:

Post a Comment